Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Jack-O-Dungeons Blog a Day Challenge




This terrible year can't take Halloween from me, not even if it tried. Unfortunately, I can't celebrate Halloween this year the way I would like... what would be my baby daughter's first trick-or-treat has to be postponed and of course Halloween parties or haunted houses are way out of the question. In order to offset this, I created a challenge for myself to celebrate my favorite month of the year called the Jack-O'-Dungeons Challenge!

So here's the plan. Every day during the month of October, I'm going to try to post some kind of RPG content  here to the blog. The idea here is to loosen up my writing, jumpstart my creativity, and have some fun. Posting the rules here in a public place will hopefully keep me honest and on schedule. 

Here are the rules to the challenge:

1. Every day, I'll post something to the blog, with "day" defined as somewhere between when I wake up and when I go to sleep.

2. Each post has to be horror-themed, or at the very least Halloween or Autumn themed.

3. Each post has to RPG content in some what. That could mean a cool location, an outline for a hex-map, a character class, a monster, a mini-dungeon, a magic item, a review of a horror-themed module, etc. Essentially, as long as someone could read it and incorporate it into their game that night, it'll work.

4. While I want this to be a challenge, I also don't want to burn myself out. Each post must be over 200 words.

Oh boy, what am I getting myself into? Hopefully this will be a fun month. Looking forward to it. If anyone else is crazy enough to attempt this, let me know! Misery, after all, loves company.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar