Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Playing Catch Up


These days have been full and flying past me at full speed. Are you feeling the same? I will the time to slow down and I'm enjoying every moment, almost every moment, but it still goes so quickly. There have been house projects, parties, movies (Star Wars) and baking (molasses cookies, pretzel bark, fudge and peppermint bark).


There has been no shortage of studio time. I've made ornaments for an exchange with two of my craftiest friends, crafted some fun little paper church ornaments with Emmy and snuck away to make secret special Christmas gifts for my girls.


Mine on the left, hers on the right.


There was some major birthday celebrating. Those are my gifts stacked and waiting under my "birthday tree".


Maddie got me this beautiful print with words she knew Mommy would love and a book on lettering and Emmy got me some gnome socks and a new journal. I love how my girls just get me. They are truly thoughtful.


And then the big guy completely spoiled me this year and got me a new lens for my camera. A dream lens in my eyes and even though it's technically a portrait lens I've been going around the house practicing with it and can't get enough. I would never have been able to justify buying that for myself so that makes it even sweeter!


And my gosh how I love that face. He is the dearest man I've ever known and that cleft melts me.


And then I just can't help but play and capture the bokeh. By the end of next week I imagine I will have approximately 127 bokeh photos of my tree!


Have I ever mentioned that I haven't had a birthday party since the year I turned 13? Well that all changed this year. My guy invited some of our good friends that are truly more like family over for a big, loud celebration.


 Maddie has gotten so good at making me feel special and celebrated. He could not have pulled it off without her. She helped cook and even decorated so that it would feel more like a birthday celebration and less like Christmas.


Complete with a decorated chalkboard. You see that rainbow? She remembered that my long ago birthday party had a rainbow theme so she wanted to pay homage to it. ;) And that birthday cake she drew? She informed me that it is sitting on a milk glass cake stand. So cute!


Oh hey there bokeh! Sorry. Can't help myself!


Wow. This is getting ridiculous! ;)


So there it is. I've made it to 45 and after the year I had, I couldn't be more thankful. My wish for this next year is that I will be creative, full of gratitude and joy and more than anything, healthy.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar