Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

PA Cavalry Conversion 2: 40mm Home Casting



Finally got around to painting the first casting from the modification of the Prince August cavalry figure.  Conversion on the left, original on the right:



The verdict ?  I have mixed feelings about this. The horse and the rider's coat show minor improvements.  But to my eyes, it looks like bulking up the hat was a mistake.  In the abstract, it wasn't a bad idea to fix the rider's flattish tricorne.  However I missed something when enumerating the figure's flaws:  not only the horse's head is too big, so is the rider's. What I did here only accentuated it.

Still an okay figure but I'm not excited about it.  May hold off for a bit to see what Prince August unveils in the new range of 7YW molds, hopefully some nice cavalry is in the offing.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar