Have you ever felt that way? Directed to do something that may not have been in your playbook? Often I feel directed to do something and then I look back on my life and it all makes sense. Right now, I need to use my energy building my musical talents so my lessons at the school are fun, and you know what? They are. Last week a boy stood up in the middle of the computer lab when I walked by, and yelled, "Hey Mrs. C! You're the best music teacher ever!" It totally made my day. I can't even tell you.
I'm making a huge impression on these kids and it feels good. Really good. Would I rather be writing? Sometimes. But I know that this is what I need to be doing right now. It takes a huge amount of time. I often find at the end of the day that the whole day has gone by and I never wrote, edited or anything. It can be very frustrating, but when I chat with God about it, he tells me to stop worrying and to just keep going--that is job is a gift. And not just for me.
I am trying to have faith that everything will turn out as it should. I think it will. We all have a purpose. We're here for a reason, and it may be totally different than we think. The secret is to follow your heart. Follow those feelings that come from inside. Follow your gut. And try to make your path as bright and happy as you can. It's more important for me to make people feel loved than it is for me to write more. When it happens, it will be because it's the right time and because I never gave up.
I LOVE this quote. It helps me remember that what I'm doing now is the right thing, and just because I've taken a slight detour doesn't mean my dream of being published won't happen.
You can use this quote in many different ways. I hope it brings you all comfort like it did me.
0 Yorumlar