Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

First Loves: A Blogfest

Happy Monday, yo! I'm kicking off my week with Captain Ninja Alex J. Cavanaugh's First Loves Blogfest. Here we admit to our first film, first band, first book and first person we loved. How intriguing is this? Are you all set to read my firsts?







First Movie: 
E.T.: The Extra Terrestrial It was the first movie I had seen without my siblings in tow and the story of this poor alien so far from home just wormed its way into my heart and never left. I still sob when the little guy breaks his connection to Elliot and "dies."





















First Band:
Duran Duran were the gods of my teenage idolatry. Hungry Like the Wolf, Girls on Film, Rio, Union of the Snake...Those tunes still get me going. Sure, I grew up and moved on to Aerosmith, but Simon LeBon, Nick Rhodes, Roger, John and Andy Taylor will always hold a place in my heart. Here's a bit of the Fab Five for your listening pleasure...

 

First Book:

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. It introduced me to the wonderful world of Narnia and I still reread the whole series on occasion.I mentioned in an earlier post that this was also the book that inspired me to become a writer.



















First Love:

Oh man, I have had so many hard crushes and a wild, passionate fling or three where I thought I was in love, but no. I can honestly say that in all my years I have never been in real, honest romantic love. Ever. My first hard crush was Jimmy, the older brother of a classmate. He was a dazzler and made my heart beat faster when I was 13. Do I regret never being in love? Sure. But it's not like you can plan your feelings. Maybe one day, before I hit 97...Who knows?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar