| the Beach Cafe was hopping |
Yesterday I found out that Jerry Herman died on December 26th. It made me very, very sad. Grief stricken, actually. I absolutely adore his music. He was such an inspiration to me. Each time we lose another one of the geniuses from that era I feel a deep sense of loss. He was 88, the same age my dad was when he died a few months ago. I just loved the style of musical comedy that he did. His music made you feel so happy. I will post some of his theater videos here for you to see. He was in a class of his own.
| clear skies and blue water |
I decided to take a drive to Santa Monica, get out in the sunshine, and ride a Breeze bike along the beach. I figured there wouldn't be anyone out on the ocean path at this time of year. Boy, was I wrong! Anyone and everyone was there. It was packed, but we all cooperated very well. I felt like cruising through Europe last month with over 4,000 people gave me some good training in dealing with crowds. At this section it was much lighter. Venice Beach was intense.
It did me a world of good to get outside and enjoy the ocean breeze. Lula was happy to experience the change of scenery, and she took a nap in the car. She seems to enjoy laying out in the sunshine in the backyard, too. I don't think I would do well in a part of the country that has long, dark winters. I find it kind of depressing.
| strolling down Second Street in Santa Monica |
How are you feeling? Do you experience a post holiday let down? My mom always did. She went to so much work every Christmas. I just can't believe it now. She especially dreaded putting away all of her decorations. She made that house look like Saks Fifth Avenue. It took her days! The effect was really exquisite, though.
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.
0 Yorumlar