Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Emergency

I know many of you out there are experiencing snowfall/blizzard conditions and are praying for some rain to help melt the snows. Meanwhile in Alabama it has been fairly warm and raining, and raining, and then raining some more. (Just to keep it honest though, I think the sun is trying to sneak a quick peek right now)

As usual, I call Mom every morning to see what she might need for the day. I called her the other day, just to check on her, and asked if she needed anything. Understand it was raining cats and dogs, one of those days you jut don't want to get out in unless it is necessary. So while I was talking to her and watching the rain fall like someone had just opened faucets in the sky, she did a quick (subject to your definition of quick) survey of what she needed. I knew she had the essentials because I had bought milk, bread, eggs, cheese, and assorted frozen meals the prior day when there was no deluge.  I am pretty good about planning ahead when James Spann tells me bad weather is on the horizon. (except for his snow predictions; I never believe those)

Anyhow, I phoned Mom and she rummaged through her pantry as the day got darker and the rain fell harder. She came back with just one thing she needed, but she needed it right away so she could have it at lunch___Mayonnaise!?!?!?!

I am still a relatively obedient daughter so I put on my rain gear (semi water resistant jacket and baseball cap), drove to the store, walked through the 3 inches of standing water in the parking lot to buy emergency mayonnaise. I slogged back to my car and drove to her house to deliver it to Mom ( which also means getting out of the car and walking up her walkway to the front door through the torrential downpour.  I walked into her house looking like a drowned rat when she said "Thank you for getting this. I am glad you did it before it started raining so you wouldn't get wet". I guess she had not done something ridiculously complicated like looked out the window.

And from now on when an already trying day is filled with insane and utterly senseless demands I am going to call it a Mayonnaise Day.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar