Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A pink book collection - are you what you read?

Herewith is a post for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Who amongst us has not been touched in some way by this terrible disease?

The colour theme for such a post must of course be pink.

I firstly thought about posting some pink flower images, like these Snugglepot and Cuddlepie flowers (Banksia? Australian readers will know)




But then I realised I live with someone who lives in an entirely pink world. My daughter, for whom I have all those hopes. My hope for my daughter is that she lives to an ancient age, is surrounded by family and friends who love her, retains a good quality of life and is not visited by any cancer. Who knows, in 70 years time they may have cured breast cancer, or at least found a less invasive way to treat it.

In photographing my daughter's pink possessions it then struck me how different all our respective book collections were. So, on the theme of you are what you read, which is one which is close to my heart (see my post on this here), I have photographed our respective bookshelves, to see if they represent a window into our souls.

Here is one of my daughter's many pink shelves of books:



My son:



Me:



My husband:



We may have merged our money, CDs, crockery, furniture, toothpastes, linen, photos, DVDs, rugs and carpets, crystal and glassware and silverware but for some reason we have not merged our books......

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar