Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Grand Day Out

We have just enjoyed a lovely full day out, the first one for well over three months. As we packed the car it felt as if we had both thrown a lucky dice and been rewarded with a couple of "get out of jail" cards each. 
The day was hot, very hot.
1. Hand sanitiser
2. Factor 50+ sun screen 
3. Straw hats
4. Picnic
5. Drinks
6. Tickets
7. Navigation details
8. Something to sit on
The National Trust have opened up their parklands and gardens, but it is not possible to just turn up. Tickets for the following week at each venue are released on the previous Friday for all of the properties that are open. It is, therefore, necessary to go online first thing on a Friday morning if you want to secure yourselves a timed slot. Should you leave it until later in the day then you will probably be too late, they are all snapped up very quickly.
We have visited Croome Court, in Worcestershire before, and walked its beautifully restored Capability Brown landscape. I wrote a post about it then and included some historical information about the family who owned the property, the history of house and it's special landscape. Should you be interested in reading the post then it can be found here. 

In this SW region of England for some unknown reason we have had the lowest number of Covid-19 cases in the country. Currently in our county of Gloucestershire, there have been no new reported virus deaths for almost three weeks, which is encouraging, however, caution should always be the watchword.
I personally have never worn a mask to date, but did decide to purchase a couple of washable ones whilst we were out. Apparently they are needed, if and when, I finally do get an appointment with my hairdresser, and also should we decide to use public transport. I picked up a packet of two washable navy blue ones for just £2.50 a pair at Asda, which was far cheaper than I had anticipated.
Take care, we are all in this together, and stay safe.
P.S It is Friday morning and I have just managed to secure two more tickets for a NT garden next week💚

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar