Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Revlon Nail Enamel: #161 Teak Rose



Spring is coming in a few weeks, and the weather here in NorCal has been erratic. A few weeks ago, I found it so weird that I was wearing t-shirt and shorts on a regular basis in February, and now we're resuming our El Nino storm, with hard rain that makes loud sounds thread the ceiling. We're wimps here when it comes to cold weather and rain.

That said, I was in the mood for a fun feminine spring color, and I looked at my little nail polish collection and rediscovered the Revlon Nail Enamel: #161 in Teak Rose. I actually bought this a few years ago but never tried it until now.

I would describe Teak Rose as a medium rosy-pink with golden undertones. When you Google "Revlon Teak Rose", it shows up darker on other peoples' hands.

Here are the claims and description of the Nail Enamel on Revlon's website:


  • Chip-Defiant Formula

  • Gorgeously smooth color

  • Flawless application

  • Available in 72 irresistible shades


Does it live up to its claims?

Last week, I had a job interview and my previous nail color was chipping really bad. So part of my job interview rituals are painting my nails the night before bed (I know, bad idea because technically they're not completely dry until 24 hours later). So I grabbed this bottle because it was girly yet kinda neutral enough to be work-appropriate. I was so amazed with how easy it was to apply. The brush was a little bit wider than the other brushes of different nail brands. Application was so smooth, I hardly got any polish on the sides of my nails (the skin). And it dried quickly! Maybe not completely within the 24-hour timeframe, but just enough for me to be able to jump into bed.

Also? It chipped a teeny bit the next day but I easily touched it up, and was barely a dot on top of my left middle fingernail and on the side of my right index fingernail. Other than that, it's been 6 days and there is very minimal chipping. I can't say that about my Essie, Zoya and NCLA polishes, and those are the more expensive ones too. Oh, and speaking of cost! You can get the Revlon Nail Enamels between $3–$6 depending on where you get it: a big box store (Target or Walmart), drugstores (Walgreens, CVS, RiteAid, etc.) or at Ulta.

The one thing I don't like: it's a bit watery, but I am not sure if it's because I've had it for a long time and I've never used it until now. It's also quite thin, but that can also be a bonus because you can built up to getting the color you want without being goopy and thick.

I highly recommend the Revlon Nail Enamels if you want high quality polish that is extremely easy to apply and lasts for days, at an affordable price!

Have you tried these polishes?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar