Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette


When I took my many trips to Ulta last month and saw the Urban Decay Vice 4 Palette out on the stands, I lusted for the shades. I really wanted to get it. Actually, I was debating between getting this palette and the Kat Von D Mi Vida Loca Remix Eyeshadow Palette. Both offer bright, fun shades with rich pigmentation and kick-ass pigmentation, and they are similarly priced (Vice 4 is $60 and the KVD Palette is $59). I loved the shades of the KVD Palette, especially the greens, but I found that the Vice 4 Palette to have more wearable shades (Seriously, I don't think I'll touch a firetruck red eyeshadow like I see in the KVD Palette). I bought the Vice 4 Palette using my 20% birthday discount last month. This is my first Vice Palette, and I unfortunately can't get my hands on the other ones because they are all limited edition.



Before we delve in the shades, let's talk about the packaging. This palette is an embellished plastic design on top of the cover, with gorgeous rainbow gradiation. While it's really unique, you have to be careful to not break the little lines. Because of that, it's not travel friendly and adds extra bulk. This palette does come with a nifty bag though if you really DID want to travel with it, or if you want to put other makeup products.


Like all the other Urban Decay palettes, this comes with a mirror and a double-ended brush (well, except for the Naked Basics, they're too small). Because there are 20 shades, the mirror is large and easy to use.

Peek-a-boo!


The Urban Decay Palette consists of 20 shades with 4 mattes, and the rest of being shimmery metallics and chunky glitters. I was worried about the fallout problems that come with glittery shades, but surprisingly I didn't have that problem. There are a mix of neutral and bright shades, which is why I say it is more wearable than the KVD Palette. You can wear it on a day to day basis but definitely go all out at night.


Here are all 20 swatches on my arm (starting from the 1st row on the left):

1st row: Bones (shimmer champagne), Framed (matte peach nude), Discreet (matte cool-toned light mauve), and Bitter (matte terra-cotta)


2nd row: Grip (glittery silver), Fastball (glittery coral pink), Grasshopper (glittery Kelly green), and Flame (glittery orange).

3rd row (top half): Deadbeat (glittery charcoal), 1985 (shimmery magenta), C-Note (shimmery light green), and low (glittery dark silver). 4th row (bottom half): Beatdown (shimmery blue-violet), Underhand (shimmery burgundy), Arctic (glittery aqua blue), and Crowbar (glittery cool-toned gold).

5th row: Pandemonium (glittery dark violet), Harlot (shimmery lilac), Robbery (shimmert silver), and Delete (matte brown).

My favorite shades in this palette are Grasshopper, 1985, Underhand, Crowbar, and Robbery. This palette is the epitome of the Urban Decay rockstar look, before their Nakeds were a thing. I loved playing with color eyeshadow when I was younger, so having this palette is a way for me to practice and experience with cool looks. And of course, I love the fact that there is a brush, because lets be honest: sometimes I'm too lazy to get out my other brushes, haha. I recommend cleaning the brush after each use so whenever you use it the next time, you don't get color stains or glitter (especially if you're using a matte shade). I love using MAC Fix+ spray to give the shimmers and glitters and extra pop! Here's a look I did with this palette:

I used: Bones for my brow-bone, Framed for the transition, a combo of Bitter and Delete as my crease, and Grasshopper for the lid (well I actually tapped in C-Note in the middle of each lid)

Do you have this palette, or do you want it on your Christmas wishlist? What do you think?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar