Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Loves Me Loves Me Not by Milton Loyd

What a name? I mean, couldn't they just call its Love Me, I know its meant to represent how one uses a daisy to decided whether your crush loves you or not but considering the power of words - I'm afraid of what I'm spraying on myself ... Am I confusing the love (or loves - lol) of my life to have a (or several) internal battle(s) to whether he (they) truly adore(s) me - through the act of spraying myself with such a perfume?  I digress, I think too much ... nonsense (... or truth).


Fragrance Type as described by Milton Lloyd:
Floral, green, fruity - green strawberry, violet, floral, vanilla, musks. 

Fragrance Type as described by me:
Sweet, lemon, light, sugar, watermelon, green floral and soft musk. I never realised that strawberry was a note until I read it on the package that's why it is a bit fruity, I can kind of smell the strawberry now but its not very strong at all.



Loves Me or Loves Me Not is meant to be a smell-a-like of Marc Jacobs Daisy and from what I sniffed at the department counters ... it seems to smell pretty similar to me. The same soapy freshness of youthful optimism. Its definitely an on trend scent which sorta smells like watermelons at the best of time and sweet lemons at its worst, which means it always smells really good if you ask me. Also, I got complimented (at the time it was my first ever perfume compliment) on this perfume so it must smell nice to others too. 


Now I'm not really a Marc Jacobs fan (bang ad campaign = cringe) and the whole provocative use of teenage girls in his ads (queue - Dakota Lola) reminds me of American Apparel's Terry Richardson which if you've done yah research isn't good. However, even I liked the sickly commercial non-offensive smell of Daisy by Marc Jacobs and it pains me to say that. Plus the bottle is cute (double pain). Oh and his new dream fragrance - its nice too - *cries*. Yet, luckily for me I like to change up my frag so Milton Loyd duplicates/smell-a-likes are perfect for a peculiarly tasted and changeable frump like me. 

All in all, its a really nice fun scent that just makes me thing of spring and its long lasting too. I would definitely recommend sniffing Milton Loyd scents for yourself before hand although, I bought a whole batch without trying it at first. I would not recommend this method as I wasn't so lucky with some of the perfumes I bought but, I did find some gems like this one. To conclude: this smells similar to Marc Jacobs Daisy but not an exact duplicate as I hate to say it but Daisy seems a tad more complex - I know who would've thunked it? Well I still like Milton Lloyds dupe anyway and my bottle is almost 1/3 full - its so fresh, fruity and alive - like spring/summer in a bottle makes me feel me feel uplifted. Plus (because I just have to talk some more) its sprays like a true mist - what's better than a perfume spray that mists instead of squirting out in globules lie a rainy morning - here's some evidence ...
yes my nail polish is chipped and I still haven't changed those curtains ... but, can you see that mist?!


So there you have it I love this little gem and it looks nice. Comes in a long thin slightly frosted bottle with a golden cap - very sturdy and I love its simplicity. Plus the expiration date is written on the bottom of the bottle (EXP 26/06/18) and you can get the 50ml /1.7 fl.oz. bottle for around £2.99 depending on if you find it at your local hair shop (aka beauty supply store) or at some online retailers. I've decanted some in a mini aluminium travel sprayer from Muji and because of that fine constant mist that I can get from the bottle its super easy to fill up the travel atomiser. 


More Info: Alcohol content is 75% V/V-(SD Alcohol 40B). Propellant (Hydrofluorocarbon 134A Butane, Isobutane, Propane, Parfum (Fragrance). Made in England. 

So have you tried any Milton Loyd fragrances?
Any recommendations for perfumes?
What scents do you gravitate towards and what scents do you hate?
Has a perfume every changed your mind about the scent category your presumed you never liked? 

Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated :)!
Have fun and take care my dears x 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar